Broadband Provider CEOs Issue a Joint Statement in Support of FCC Proposal

statement
<http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Broadband-Providers-Support-prnews-1006720670
.html?x=0&.v=1>  was issued by CEOs Michael K. Robinson, President & CEO of
Broadview Networks (News
<http://www.tmcnet.com/snapshots/snapshots.aspx?Company=Broadview+Networks>
-Alert <http://www.tmcnet.com/enews/subs.aspx?k1=%22Broadview%22> ); Dudley
R. Slater, CEO of Integra Telecom, Inc; Patrick Bennett, President & CEO of
Covad Communications Company; Danny Bottoms, CEO of Cavalier Telephone (News
<http://www.tmcnet.com/snapshots/snapshots.aspx?Company=Cavalier+Telephone>
-Alert <http://www.tmcnet.com/enews/subs.aspx?k1=%22Cavalier+Telephone%22>
), LLC; Cardi Prinzi, President of New Edge Network, Inc; Larissa Herda,
Chairman, CEO & President of tw telecom inc.; James F. Geiger, Chariman,
President & CEO ofCbeyond (News
<http://www.tmcnet.com/snapshots/snapshots.aspx?Company=Cbeyond>  - Alert
<http://www.tmcnet.com/enews/subs.aspx?k1=%22Cbeyond%22> ), Inc.; Howard
Janzen, CEO of One Communications Corp.; Carl J. Grivner, CEO of XO
Communications LLC.; Arunas Chesonis, PAETEC Chairman & CEO; Robert H.
Turner, CEO of Pac-West (News
<http://www.tmcnet.com/snapshots/snapshots.aspx?Company=Pac-West>  - Alert
<http://www.tmcnet.com/enews/subs.aspx?k1=%22Pac-West%22&k2=+%22Pac-West+Tel
ecom%22> ) Telecomm, Inc.; Dale R. Schmick, CEO of Yourtel America

<http://oascentral.tmcnet.com/RealMedia/ads/click_lx.ads/broadband-stimulus.
tmcnet.com/154492741/Middle/default/empty.gif/533459486155765665386f4144646b
61?x>
http://imagec14.247realmedia.com/RealMedia/ads/Creatives/default/empty.gif/0

"We, the undersigned competitive local exchange carriers and independent
Internet Service Providers, embrace an open and competitive market, and we
know investment and innovation result when the rules of the game are
consistent and transparent and the playing field is level,"  the CEOs
stated. " We also know consumers benefit when there is more broadband
competition offering more choices. That's why we support Chairman
Genachowski's proposal for a narrowly-tailored framework for oversight of
broadband access.

" The FCC (News <http://www.tmcnet.com/snapshots/snapshots.aspx?Company=FCC>
- Alert
<http://www.tmcnet.com/enews/subs.aspx?k1=%22FCC%22&k2=+%22Federal+Communica
tions+Commission%22> ) is working hard to make sure every American can enjoy
the opportunities broadband brings by ensuring its continued authority to
oversee broadband access. Specifically, the FCC's proposal uses tightly
targeted forbearance and a light regulatory touch pursuant to Title II to
ensure it can stop anti-competitive behavior that could harm consumers or
the competitive broadband market. Adoption of a Notice of Inquiry on the
proposed Third Way is the necessary step to promote continued innovation,
creativity, and investment in the technology sector that will result in
economic growth and job creation.

"We add our collective voice to those supporting the Third Way and commend
the FCC for showing the kind of innovative thinking and leadership critical
in a broadband world."

Read
<http://4g-wirelessevolution.tmcnet.com/broadband-stimulus/topics/broadband-
stimulus/articles/88352-fcc-wants-test-broadband-their-plan-best.htm>  here
about how the Federal Communications Commission wants to better understand
the state of broadband. To accomplish this, the organization is seeking to
enlist 10,000 people to help conduct a broadband performance study.

http://4g-wirelessevolution.tmcnet.com/broadband-stimulus/topics/broadband-s
timulus/articles/88840-broadband-provider-ceos-issue-joint-statement-support
-fcc.htm?utm_source=twitterfeed
<http://4g-wirelessevolution.tmcnet.com/broadband-stimulus/topics/broadband-
stimulus/articles/88840-broadband-provider-ceos-issue-joint-statement-suppor
t-fcc.htm?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter> &utm_medium=twitter

Does WISPA have an official position?

~V~

<<image001.gif>>