CAN THAT BE SOME FORM OF RADAR?

-----Original Message-----
From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Eje Gustafsson
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2010 12:01 PM
To: 'WISPA General List'
Subject: Re: [WISPA] interference from ships

Possible but don't quit believe so since 900MHz GSM uses 890-914Mhz for
uplink (cell to base station), and 921-960Mhz for download (basestation to
cell). That strong signal wouldn't come from cells and the basestation would
just ruin the top part of the frequency. Maritime cell systems I seen don't
offer 3G type services and GSM gprs/edge channel size is 200khz. 4G will
have 4 to 20MHz dynamic channel size.

Would really need to verify that the signal for sure is coming from the ship
and not somewhere else.
If that is the case maybe look at getting hold of someone from the ship to
check with them what it might be. Don’t forget to shut down your own AP
while you run the SA at the AP location to avoid false readings and make
sure it's not actually something newly installed at that location.

/ Eje