From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Jeromie Reeves
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 12:56 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Maximum sector power?

Do not forget OOB and the likes. I have been using AirView for a while
to check on my sites and some were unacceptable to me (5mhz but still
hitting 10 or 20mhz at -85) so I replaced the cards (all MT sites). I
am unsure if the cards are bad, going bad, or just how they were
working from day one. Swapped them, and they look much better. I have
been hunting down interference (most of it not self, only 2 links were
over lapping and that due to the spread on the cards). I noticed that
some sites had a higher then expected noise floor. I tracked it down
to pretty much all of my NS5's (non M's). There is a pretty high bleed
from a number of them. The linked airview screen shot shows a site
with nothing but a nano5 in AP WDS mode with no clients connected. It
is set for 5mhz and ch 164.  The step to -...@5.810 is present with in
30 seconds of powering the nano. The next step down, to about
-...@5.793 a bit after that (60~90sec). This was taken with a rocket
and 120* 16db sector about 10ft in front and 10ft below the nano. The
nano is running stock firmware and will be replaced with a nano5m.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/8832/snapshot3v.png

----

----