On Fri, 2010-06-25 at 16:08 -0500, Alan Bryant wrote:
> We are leaning towards having routeros based routers at every tower
> and subnetting all the way to the AP's. We don't have enough public
> IP's to allow enough room for much growth. My main question is, what
> is the best course of action once you run out of IP's at an AP or
> tower? What is the most efficient way of bringing more IP's in without
> renumbering everything?

This depends a little on whether the space you currently own is
contiguous or not AND just how tight the available space is.  It is
usually easier to just add another subnet to an interface when you need
more space.  Of course, if you have the luxury of knowing the historical
growth on the tower, then you will have a good idea how much time a /27
will last you (for example).  There really is no need to completely
renumber unless you have to "return" some IP space to your provider.

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://store.wispgear.net/    * Wired or Wireless Networks       *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!  *