On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Chuck Profito <cprof...@cv-access.com> wrote:
> Actually we have found Ruckus to do very well with multipath! i.e.  boat
> docks, moving water, moving boats, moving rolled tin structure, generating
> killer multipath, kills EVERY OTHER ROUTER/AP EXCEPT RUCKUS.  try it ,
> you'll like it.

Chuck, were these other radios 802.11n?

I ask because pre 802.11n, multipath hurt the performance, as
802.11a/b/g were switched diversity (i.e. take the *best* signal and
ignore the other ones). Now that the 802.11n standard has MRC, all of
those signals are combined automagically (in theory, of course).

So, yes...Ruckus has the reputation of making some kickass antennas to
deal with multiplath, but I'm wondering if they can still maintain
that edge now that the standard is solidified by IEEE.  Put
differently, how "smart" are their antennas now that the standard does
a lot of what they were bragging about before?  Is their "secret
sauce" now simply a commodity?