We've started out using the Mikrotik User Manager package on an RB1000 for our
PPPoE authentication and accounting, but the interface is slowing down now that
we've got a few hundred customers on it and a few months of accounting info.
And we're only about a quarter of the way into our current customer base.

I like the simplicity and integration of the user manager, but is it just not
practical for 1000+ accounts? What of running RouterOS and UM on x86 hardware?

Is there a way to clear the log files or groom them past a month or two to keep
the database size in check? The last backup I took was 14Mb.

-Paul