David:

No disrespect intended here, but I have been through the DD-WRT thing with
Linksys and Buffalo routers.  The Buffalo worked better long term.  I
probably did it with 20 units total.

Isn't DD-WRT used for commercial purposes a pay as you go deal?

I used them once for a WDS network I set up and while it worked well when it
was working, would go in to mumble mode way too often.

Sometimes when you flash the DD-WRT code, and for unknown reason, you end up
bricking the unit.  They even say so in their Wiki.  There has to be a
cheap, easy to use, reliable alternative that doesn't require re-flashing
and fussing.

There have been some good thoughts here on this reflector this morning.

Friendly Regards,

Mike

Mike Gilchrist

Disruptive Technologist