Unfortunately at least one of the silos has no bands, so it will be screws, I guess.

One silo we did use a 21' pipe and it still does not clear the dome. How much pipe to attach to the silo, so how far above the concrete do you get?

Bill Gaylord wrote:
We do the same thing, but we use the full 21' galvanized pipes from the hardware store. I secure them with hose 2 hose clamps around at least 4 of the steel rings. I did not want to screw into the concrete, as I was concerned with the screws being able to come loose. With hose clamps around the steel rings, nothing can wiggle loose. We have been doing this for 5 years now and have yet to have a single hose clamp break. Hose clamps are also stainless steel, so rusting is not an issue.

Bill Gaylord, President
COLI Inc.