Spectrum bridge is talking about the Claudville Va. whitespaces test/demo
network
    Did about a meg and a half over 3 miles <point to point?>
    Showing a propagation map of 200mhz vs. 2400mhz, the coverage is
amazing!
    Another test city, Wilmington, NC  Did smart city services/data
collection
    Someone would have to collect data from someone taking a boat to gather
data from sensors, now it's done via wireless whitespace spectrum
    now doing one in Plumas County Ca.  Smart grid and broadband for small
rural electric coop
    Learned about bandwidth limitations
    174mhz to 700mhz is too wide for current radios to cover via one radio,
how that's split up will be interesting to see moving forward
    Huge demand in rural broadband market
    Out of band emissions requirements are hard to deal with
    WiFi vs. White space, WiFi in the home, whitespaces for middle/final
mile
    Going to be working on more device to device connectivity

Jim Qualie, PCC communications
    Rural communities are demanding bandwidth almost as much as urban
    Started in 2004 as a WISP
    Making products but I can't tell what
    Also sells service?
    WISPs can't offer high reliability via 2.4 and 5 gig
    In Canada there is a chunk of spectrum (not 3650, sub gig 512 to 698)
that's licensed lite
    Strict out of band requirement
    75% of Canadians live within 160km of the US boarder
    His spectrum has a 121km dead zone at boarder
    DTV is hpol <didn't know that, makes sense as regular ol' TV antennas
are hpol...>
    Larger cells require fewer towers but require longer travel times to
those customers

I have to head to the airport.  Sorry I can't report on what else is talked
about.  The meeting is 30 minutes past closing time 2 speakers left.

laters,
marlon