At 8/6/2010 02:03 AM, Bob West wrote:
>SR71 needs to die.  The other UBNT cards ROCK and blow those MT cards away.
>Sorry MT.  I spent much cash or moolah, (Depends on your choice of
>vernacular)  on your cards  They have all ended up in tech laptops or
>installed as wireless tech access points.  No more MT cards as AP or CPE's.

a) Yes, I like your jokes, at least on occasion, which is probably
more than average.

b) I'm in the planning stages now, doing the P&L sheets, frequency
maps, equipment choices, etc.  The SR71-15 and the R52Hn are the two
802.11n 5GHz high power mPCI cards that I can think of, and only the
latter fully works with RouterOS at present. Is there another MOMO
card that you can recommend for building the multi-hop backbone? The
Rocket external radios make more sense for access than the backbone.

I suppose I can use Rockets for a couple of critical high-capacity
links and use XR5s in 11a mode for everything else that doesn't need
the speed... Thanks!

  --
  Fred Goldstein    k1io   fgoldstein "at" ionary.com
  ionary Consulting              http://www.ionary.com/