Oh- the Peps work fine on Cisco mesh as well- especially the newer Peps they
sell now. We are currently only using the older black ones that look like a
cable/DSL modem with an antenna.

From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of RickG
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 11:40 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Mesh

While I dont like "vendor lock in" for myself, I'm a techie. For a serious
business customer, vendor lock in is far less of an issue than getting
proper support.

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 11:03 AM, L. Aaron Kaplan <aa...@lo-res.org> wrote:

On Aug 10, 2010, at 3:26 PM, Ralph wrote:

Never asked because we don't use them for making the mesh.  We use only
Tropos, although 3 systems we did for another company required Cisco
product. I will never deploy Cisco mess(h) again-LOL.

The Peps are the CPEs we use. In a muni mesh, the CPE radios are clients,
not part of the mesh.

The Pep CPEs work great with Tropos and the Peps were actually the original
recommended CPE for use with Google WiFi in Mountain View when they began.

Interesting.

Well, I still believe, RFCs and open standards are the only way to go when
building mesh networks.

Everything else leads to a vendor lock in.

But nevertheless it is interesting what proprietary vendor mesh solutions do
and how well they perform.

Is there any way to find out if one mesh solution will interact with a
different vendor's solution?

a.

----