I'll weigh in here, I have almost an equal mix of Ubiquiti and Mikrotik
I'll detail each plus put a summary analogy for these and Motorola at
the end of my email.  One of the things that jumps out on me is how raw
Mikrotik is, if you want to be able to write every filter, detail every
part of the packets, and throughput, it is a very robust piece of
equipment.  I use it as my primary backhauls and about 70% of my AP's
other than a few "that shouldn't happen" problems they perform
admirably. I keep adding filters as traffic presents itself but help and
training is very expensive and extraordinarily technical On my backhauls
when one Mikrotik goes down its not unusual for the foul traffic to
permeate throughout (yes I'm bridged) the network and take down other
Mikrotik's and often requires a drive to reboot then they work fine
again, irritating, yes but still great equipment.  I was 90% Mikrotik
until Ubiquiti came along.

  Ubiquiti is a monster for power and throughput, it's menus are basic
but filters entry options are slim and limited to IP rather than by
protocol so some things sneak through that wouldn't with Mikrotik.  As a
backhaul they do seem to ignore foul traffic so I'm assuming Ubiquiti
entered a bunch of filters by default because these units just don't go
down, ever.  Their user table as an AP is not very friendly, limited to
MAC without a description line so we have to look everyone up by MAC
now.  I have integrated Ubiquiti for all of my 5 Gig customer AP's and
kept Mikrotik for 2.4 just because its not necessary to replace working
radios.  The "M" format is amazing and has moved us up a notch in
delivery capability, oh and it's cheap as hell so I can afford to deploy
twice as fast as before.

I promised an analogy so here goes, I feel from experience that Mikrotik
is the Linux of equipment, you better know what you're doing when you
buy it.  Motorola is the Apple of equipment, do what they say and pay a
ton and you'll get a near-flawless product that you have almost no
control over, you just won't be able to deploy very fast due to the
cost.  Ubiquiti is like Windows, pretty GUI driven, and simplified at a
reasonable cost.

Forbes Mercy
President - Washington Broadband, Inc.
forbes.me...@wabroadband.com