  From: Steve Barnes
  To: Ubiquiti Users Group ; WISPA General List
  Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 6:44 PM
  Subject: [WISPA] PowerBridge 5M

  I changed out a StarOS backhaul with a pair of PowerBridge 5M radios, 4 mile
link.  I Have an odd issue. The link is perfect 130MB 99% Airmax. UBNT Speed
test from radio to radio is 84Mb.  Now the interesting issue, both radios are
plugged in to MT 493AH 4.11 OS.  Running MT Bandwidth test from MT to MT  TCP
speeds are horrible.  14 Mb Dn and 6 Mb Upload.  We tried all kinds of tests
finally realized (after the climber was on the ground and in my office) that if
I do a speed test from the PowerBridge station to a Rocket plugged into the
same Mikrotik that I get 14 Mb x 6 Mb through a 100% wired connection (UBNT to
Port-2 MT, Port-6 to UBNT Rocket)  We had tried different ports to no avail and
I test from MT AP thru MT 493AH to 2nd MT AP and I got 50 Mb x 50Mb.  Then I
realized that 2 hops across the wireless link I had a NanoBridge.  A test to
that across the wireless side of the link gave me a 30 Mb x 35Mb.  So it come
down to a single PowerBridge radio that either has a bad ethernet port  or a
bad POE/cable between the UBNT and MT, or some kind of incompatibility between
the MT and PowerBridge.  All ports are set to 100Mb FDX not Auto negotiate.
This MT 493AH is relatively new with Gig option. When running speed test there
are no ethernet errors or packet errors on the MT.

  What else can I check from the ground.  Unit is 250 ft up and requires a
climber I don’t have daily access to.

  Will the PowerBridge 5M work with 12-15 Volt.  I know it wants 24VDC I don’t
currently have that on this tower but had no issue with others on different
towers at 12 V

  Steve Barnes

  RC-WiFi Wireless Internet Service