Patrick,
The short answer to your question is NO...

This feature is part of the "Best Effort Service" provided to Consumers.
Thus the classification 'Consumer Class'.

As frustrating as this is for Techies, this is also one of the primary
reasons why the Tech folks who work for such service providers tend to
choose local ISP/WISP alternatives.

At one time, on our DSL Network, in the heydays, we had a number of
Techies from AT&T and other providers on our network. We used to have
'comical' conversations with them.. they would tell you what is wrong,
but would hesitate to tell you as to how they know what is wrong.. and
after a while of pressing on them they would admit that they worked in
Tier 2 of other Service Providers.

But come to think of it, I end up doing similar with the AT&T & Comcast
Tech's that come out to fix the issues..

:)

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom