Charles,

WISPA has a wiki open to members only.  We felt we needed a secure place for
secure content which is privy to members only. It would seem to me that
having a TV Whitespaces FAQ open to the public would make it easy for new
competition to enter the marketplace.  Are you sure you want to make it
public?  Our members dues have paid for the lobbying costs involved in
making an impact on the TV Whitespaces decision.  I doubt if the members who
invest $250 annually for dues would appreciate "giving away" the knowledge
base involved in TV Whitespaces to every Tom, Dick and Harry who decides
they can start a WISP on TV Whitespaces because they have read a FAQ.

I may be wrong in my assumptions here, but I do hope you consider the
possible ramifications to your business and other WISPs who have invested
much of their own money and hard work to build their businesses to where
they are today.

The idea is grand, but to me, it makes more sense for all WISPs to join
WISPA and keep some of this information out of the public eye.  It seems
like a very small investment to make for the "insurance" of knowing that our
hard work isn't subsidizing competition.

Respectfully,

Rick Harnish
Executive Director
WISPA