At 10/1/2010 03:18 PM, Matt Jenkins wrote:
Thanks for the explanation. I think I understand it. I have a couple more quick questions.

What is the difference between co-channel and adjacent channel?

Co-channel means the same frequency, so if you're on channel 31, you're protecting a channel 31. The adjacent channel rules assume a certain amount of receiver selectivity.

Does that mean if I am more than 68 km from a station I can operate a fixed TVWS Base station at up to 600 meters HAAT?

No. This was what IEEE 802 proposed. The FCC's Order referenced it, and then simply said that the maximum ground HAAT was 75 meters, full stop. Such is the difference between engineers playing with formulas and lawyers in a hurry to draft something that they barely understand while making political compromises.

- Matt