  From: Mark Nash
  To: WISPA General List
  Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 8:16 AM
  Subject: [WISPA] PtP Dish Alignment

  Question:  What tools do you use to blindly put up the first end of a ptp
without having a visual on the other side?

  Details:

  When deploying ptp dishes... One team doing both ends at different times.

  The first dish must be aligned without a connecting radio at the other end.

  We know how to get uptilt/downtilt/azimuth from Radio Mobile.

  Uptilt/downtilt is easy to do with a simple gauge.  Azimuth is a different
story.  If you can see the site that you're aiming for, no big deal, but what
if you can't?

  We have a number of backhaul upgrades to do in the next few months, and we
have alot of fog here in the mornings this time of year.