Hi all,

Hope this finds everyone well. I wanted to reach out to the community as
I've had a few birdies in my ear telling me to throw bi-directional
amplifiers on our 3650 gear to reach the FCC limit on omni-directional
antennas. The gear we're thinking about here is a Redline AN100U which has
23dBm output.

I have heard some people tell me that ODFM and amplification is a terrible
thing due to the carriers on the wave and timing. I have also heard people
tell me there should be no problem with this if it is a "fast-switching"
bi-directional amplifier. None of these people can really provide
me literature or references to site their knowledge or show me actively
working systems.

I know, based on what we've seen with a few acquisitions, that amps dirty
pretty much everything but have gotten people through some difficult
problems. We've got some amps on older DSSS equipment that doesn't work
great but had enabled the previous owner of the company to house his radios
in the hut at the base of the tower.

Any wizards out there that can shed some light on this?

--
Nick Huanca

GAW High-Speed Internet
619 Silver St,
Front Bldg
Agawam, MA 01001

[office] (877) 5-GET-GAW (877.543.8429) x214
[direct] (413) 203-4910
[mobile] (413) 570-0120
www.gaw.com
Tell us how we did: www.gaw.com/survey

---
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This communication and any files
transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
may contain confidential, proprietary and/or legally privileged or protected
information.  If you believe you have received this communication in error,
please immediately reply to the sender and delete this message.  Any use,
disclosure, retransmission, distribution, copying, or taking of any action
based on this information by any person or entity other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  Because e-mail can be
altered electronically, the integrity of this communication cannot be
guaranteed.