Fred, I thought about posting back to you all day yesterday and finally decided
to.

I agree that there will always be some sort of IPV4 out and available. They are
constantly trying to get universities who were given huge blocks that have used
less than 5% to relinquish parts of it.  But as Tom DeReggi has stated that
there is other benefits. I am not excited about being a bleeding edge adopter
but I am looking forward to more training on this issue and being prepared for
when there is a benefit for my clients.

The reason I take this stance is I have been in the computer industry for 26
years.  I know almost ever DOS command there is and can still write a pretty
mean batch file menu system if needed in a pinch.  One day my largest client at
that time with 100 workstations and the new Novel 2.15 server asked me what I
thought about this new Windows 2.86 software. I told him that it was all a fad
why would you want to rum more than lotus 123 and WordPerfect. When Windows 3.0
came out I got a copy and started playing with it and I thought I might be
wrong.  I setup a meeting with that large company and told them I was wrong.
They informed me that they already knew that and due to my short sidedness they
had just signed a service agreement with another company.  I lost a company
that I had made $150K off of the previous year.  I vowed to never look at
future possibilities the same.

Y2K was a bust but I made lots of money giving lectures telling people that I
had no idea what was going to be happening but that all organizations needed to
plan for emergencies and have back plans whether it was Y2K, a fire, an Ice
storm, or a tornado.

Same goes with IPV6.  I am not sure what will happen or if it even will.  But I
need to have a plan to be ready no matter what comes.  The federal government
has set a directive to make all their networks IPV6 compliant by next year I
believe.  So if I want to be able to service their traffic then I have to have
it.

Steve Barnes
RC-WiFi Wireless Internet Service