From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On Behalf
Of Rubens Kuhl
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 10:05 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Netgear GS108T & VLANs

> Had to swap out a switch in a hurry and this was the best option at Fry's
> Managed switch
> Gigabit
> No Fan
> POE on port 1
> Managed

> This thing is not passing anything other than native VLAN1.
> Anyone using Netgear switches than can explain the terminology? Netgear tech
> support is less than clueless. From some of the forums there is some hint
> that I need to configure the ports and possibly make the uplink a Trunk but
> the documentation is very ambiguous. Doesn't really seem right to me though,
> it should just pass VLAN traffic like everything else.

The GS-108T have two VLAN modes, which one are you trying to use, the
one based on tags or the port-based one ?
What are you trying to accomplish at the end of day, regarding
forwarding arbitrary or specific tags, restricting the connection
between ports or the uplink ?

Rubens

<<inline: image001.png>>

<<inline: image002.png>>