From: "Brad Belton" <b...@belwave.com>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 3, 2011 12:01:22 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] non-802.3 rackmount poe switch

We’ve had more failures than successes with the Digital Loggers eight port rack
mount rebooter. Granted they are the least expensive rebooter on the market at
less than $300, but I would expect a better failure rate than what we’ve seen
out of them the past several years.

I noticed on Digital Loggers site that they have a newer version available.
Maybe this version is more reliable? I’ve also read that the DIN mount style
rebooter is more reliable than the 2U rack mount style. Maybe Kevin could
somehow integrate the DIN unit into his PoE controller to save costs and
development.

While I think adding a couple AC ports to this device would be neat….let’s not
divert from the intent of this product from being a PoE controller.

I wonder why UBNT doesn’t design a PoE controller that would fit the need?
Seems like a natural fit product that they could also manage via their
AirControl System management software.

Best,

Brad