The House and Energy Committee will have a hearing this Wednesday, regarding
"H.J. Res 37, Disapproving the rule submitted by the Federal Communication
Commission with respect to regulating the Internet and broadband industry
practices".

I, Tom DeReggi, representing RapidDSL & Wireless, have accepted the honor of
testifying before Congress at this hearing.
I'd like to note that this will be the second time a WISP will testfiy on this
topic within a 2 week period, strengthening the relevence of our WISP Industry.

In summary, if successful, and H.J. Res 37 is passed, it will reverse and
nullify FCC's recent NetNEutrality rules.  This is our chance to kill the poor
NetNeutrality rules instantly in its tracks.

Quick background.....
  a.. On Monday, Chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee Fred Upton
(MI-6) and Chairman of the Communications and Technology Subcommittee Greg
Walden (OR-2) announced that on Wednesday they would markup H.J. Res. 37 . For
those of you unfamiliar with the term markup, It means they would have limited
debate followed by a vote on the resolution and any amendments" .
  b.. On Tuesday, Representatives Waxman (CA-30) and Eshoo (CA-14) sent a
letter to the Chairs asking for them to hold a hearing on H.R. Res 37 before
markup (as is standard practice).
  c.. On Wednesday (march 2nd), the Communications and Technology Subcommittee
announced that they would delay the markup, and hold a hearing on it at some
point in the future.
The future is this upcoming Wednesday the 9th!! Talkin about quick action!!

Now it is our chance to send FCC Chairman Genacowski (and commissioners) a
clear message. That we will NOT accept rule making that IGNORES the interests
of small business WISPs, and that we will go over their heads, if they ignore
us.  So why, am I so much against NetNeutrality? MANY REASONS. But the most
obvious was that the FCC gave special consideration to mobile wirless carriers,
but lumped Fixed Wireless Providers in with Fiber and wireline providers with
out ANY consessions for our unique disadvantages industry. Giving "reasonable
network mangement" and "usage billing" was NO WHERE NEAR ENOUGH to address
WISP's  concerns. What the FCC really gave us was uncertainty, more
regulations, more technical distractions, and more liabilty, that surely would
lead to higher legal costs and  customer support frustrations. NetNEutrality
empowered and entitled Content providers and Consumers to control our networks,
but left Access Providers to Foot the Bill. We were no longer free to etablish
our own business model, but instead forced to be an Advance Broadband Company
(Streaming Video), if we wanted to offer broadband without legal consequences.
We need to take our authority back as private business and network owners.   We
actually have a really good chance to win Wednesday. Why, because the service
provider industry (ILECS, CLECs, CableCos, WISPs, MobileWireless) is almost
unaminously united in the fight against the FCC overstepping their bounds, and
the committee is now majoirty Republican, and isn't obligated to follow the
president's party. Verizon has already opened legal suit against the FCC as
well, and threatening to stop investment.

We need to convey several core messages, likely the top 3 most importance. That
NetNeutrality rules (as-is) will......
1. reduce or slow Investment in broadband build out.
2. slow bringing broadband to all Americans and underserved areas
3. cause loss of jobs or reduce jobs. (counter democrat's claim that
NetNEutrality will create jobs)
4. harm small business access providers, and stiffle innovation
5. harm our subscibers, or degrade service to our subscribers.
6. creates challenges in network management or operations, which rules are not
reasable to comply with. (over burdening).
7. are a distraction that take us away from our more important goal, to deploy
broadband

I'm still writing my presentation/testimony, so dont have it to share with
membership yet.

Right now the Republicans are on a rampage to help us. Lets show them our
support and that we are watching.   (Please note I am NOT endorsing a specific
party and am not meaning to favor republicans or democrats. I am refering to
them only in the context of my observations of where I've read that the
majority in the party tend to stand currently on this specific topic/process)

I suggeset a plan of action for members.
To flood the House Committee members with support letters to PASS HJ RES 37.

I've attached a list of the committee members to contact. A higher priority may
be to convince democrat members.

I suggest sending these support letters Tuesday Morning.
Simply state, that you are a  WISP, and that you SUPPORT  "HJ Res 37", and
encourage your representative to PASS the bill.to overturn the FCC's poor
NetNEutrality rule making.
Then if you have any additional comment to add, follow with that, specifically
things like, you are now hesitant to invest your money while NetNEutrality
rules exist.
That the rules could make it hard for you to stay in business. Etc

Dont get caught up on detail of NetNeutrality. This is not the time to debate
which NetNeutrality methods or components would or wouldn't be good. This is
not a time to change or modify NetNEutrality rules. This is a higher level
hearing to answer. "Should the FCC Rulemaking be reversed or not reversed".

Important:  When I was heading legisaltive committee last year, I gathered that
most members were against NetNeutrality, or atleast did not approve of the
NetNEutrality rules released by the FCC. There were a few that did not appose
it or supported NetNeutrality to a limited extend. I argue that if
NetNEutrality rules were to exist, the final rules that should exist, are NOT
the rules released by the FCC that ignored WISPs.  Regardless of one's position
on NetNeutrality, I truly believe it is to everyone's benefit to have the
current FCC NetNeutrality rules overturned. At least that would allow a fresh
start, and Congress a chance to get it right via later law making..

In conclusion... I'm pretty sure I will do a good job testifying on behalf of
my company and WISP industry. But we can improved our chances, with support
letters. We have the power to kill NetNeutrality promptly.

House Energy & Commerce Committee
      Republican Members, 112th Congress

      Fred Upton (MI) (CHAIRMANS)
      Joe Barton (TX)
      Cliff Stearns (FL)
      Ed Whitfield (KY)
      John Shimkus (IL)
      Joseph R. Pitts (PA)
      Mary Bono Mack (CA)
      Greg Walden (OR)
      Lee Terry (NE)
      Mike Rogers (MI)
      Sue Myrick (NC)
      John Sullivan (OK)
      Tim Murphy (PA)
      Michael Burgess (TX)
      Marsha Blackburn (TN)
      Brian P. Bilbray (CA)
      Charles F. Bass (NH)
      Phil Gingrey (GA)
      Steve Scalise (LA)
      Bob Latta (OH)
      Cathy McMorris Rodgers (WA)
      Gregg Harper (MS)
      Leonard Lance (NJ)
      Bill Cassidy (LA)
      Brett Guthrie (KY)
      Pete Olson (TX)
      David McKinley (WV)
      Cory Gardner (CO)
      Mike Pompeo (KS)
      Adam Kinzinger (IL)
      Morgan Griffith (VA)
     Democrat Members, 112th Congress

      Henry A. Waxman (CA) (RANKING MEMB
      John D. Dingell (MI)
      Edward J. Markey (MA)
      Edolphus Towns (NY)
      Frank Pallone, Jr. (NJ)
      Bobby L. Rush (IL)
      Anna G. Eshoo (CA)
      Eliot L. Engel (NY)
      Gene Green (TX)
      Diana DeGette (CO)
      Lois Capps (CA)
      Michael F. Doyle (PA)
      Jane Harman (CA)
      Jan Schakowsky (IL)
      Charles A. Gonzalez (TX)
      Jay Inslee (WA)
      Tammy Baldwin (WI)
      Mike Ross (AR)
      Anthony D. Weiner (NY)
      Jim Matheson (UT)
      G. K. Butterfield (NC)
      John Barrow (GA)
      Doris O. Matsui (CA)

DISCLAIMER: This message is NOT a WISPA Committee approved message. The content
of this message is based on my personal opinion, and independant actions. I've
forwarded a copy to committees.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband