At 3/8/2011 02:43 PM, you wrote:
>Anyone find a cost effective way to do IPTV yet?
>
>That is something I'm really wanting to get into
>
>Thanks
>
>--
>

>Tim Steele

The cheapest method I'm aware of, and this was for an Ethernet over
fiber, not wireless, installation, took the digitally muxed signals
off of the bird and fed them into an Adtec Digital Turnaround Router
(DTA).  A few of these and you have a decent number of
channels.  These went out as broadcasts on the GigE fiber.

The costly part could end up being the middleware.  It manages the
DRM, so the content providers have to approve of it, which limits options.

  --
  Fred Goldstein    k1io   fgoldstein "at" ionary.com
  ionary Consulting              http://www.ionary.com/