On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 16:59, Scott Reed <sr...@nwwnet.net> wrote:

> I am missing something obvious.  I need an ovpn tunnel that is a bridge
> between 2 customer sites.  I need it so a wire at location A can have an
> address in the network at location B.  I am missing something simple.
> How would you set this up?

I just did something similar to this. The way I did it was:

* Get IP connectivity between the two boxes
* On one location, create a OVPN server, and for its PPP credentials, give
it a pair of private IPs (local IP 10.1.1.1, remote 10.1.1.2, for example)
* On that one, create an EoIP tunnel pointing to 10.1.1.2
* On the remote location, create an OVPN client, and an EoIP tunnel,
opposite of the above
* On both radios, create a bridge, and bridge the EoIP and an unused
physical interface

What should happen is the OVPN client connects, then brings up the EoIP
connection. Plug something into the bridged interfaces on either side. There
you go, you have a really long Ethernet cable.

David Smith
MVN.net