On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 1:47 AM, Kevin R. Battersby <ke...@battersby.net> wrote:

> We use both fees as a deterrent. The worst cause for abuse is Bittorrent in
> our
> case. It's always good fun to get the parents on the line and let them in on a
> few facts about copyright violations and usage charges.

Just curious...what would those facts be?

That getting in any real trouble with copyright is probably about as
likely as winning the lottery?

Kids see through these issues, and parents soon see through them,
especially when their kids start tunneling through to other
juridictions etc (at which point the "getting in trouble" part becomes
a non-issue).  At that point, they know that the issue is not the
issue, and that it's not copyright you care about, but rather
excessive bandwidth.

--
Also on LinkedIn?  Feel free to connect if you too are an open
networker: scubac...@gmail.com