At 3/29/2011 10:07 AM, Justin wrote:
>+1 for Chuck's write up.
>
>E-mail is a very essential service.  People can deal with not being
>able to get to certain web-sites, etc. But, when e-mail goes down
>that's a big issue to them.
>
>I had to go through some soul searching on my first outsource to
>Google.  Took me awhile to pull the trigger.  Glad I did for that
>particular client.  It doesn't make sense for everyone, but makes
>sense in a lot of cases.

Let me put in one user's reason for NOT using Gmail.

Google is in the advertising and data-mining business.  Gmail is
simply another ad medium for them.  They treat mail as their data,
read the customers' mail, and inject advertising based upon its
content.  This is not only creepy, it is dangerous, especially for
users (like me) who exchange mail that is subject to confidentiality
rules.  Gmail is probably fine for kids and grannies who are
exchanging personal message and idle chit-chat, but I don't trust it
for business. Most ISP-run mail systems honor the privacy of the
payload, outside of spam filtering.

  --
  Fred Goldstein    k1io   fgoldstein "at" ionary.com
  ionary Consulting              http://www.ionary.com/