From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Nick Olsen
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 5:20 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] Strange Issue

Have a strange issue that is showing up in a few places. Was wondering
what peoples thoughts are on this

Here is how things are setup.
Every tower has a Mikrotik router on it. And is OSPF Routed.

Route to the customer is (Tower A>Tower B>Tower C>Tower D>Customer)
Tower A is where we have fiber, And our colo for the purpose of this
issue.
Tower A and Tower B connect via Licenced Backhaul and will do 200+Mb/s
Full Duplex.
Tower B and Tower C connect via Licenced Backhaul and will do 200+Mb/s
Full Duplex.
Tower C and Tower D connect via un-licenced Backhaul and will do about
80Mb/s.
Customer Connects to Tower D. AP is a 5ghz Rocket with a sector. SU is a
Power Bridge.

Now, Here is the bandwidth tests. Using the Mikrotik Bandwidth test to
get these results.
Testing over each Backhaul from each tower will always max out whatever
backhaul I'm testing.
IE. Tower A>Tower B will do ~250Mb/s
B>C ~250Mb/s
C>D ~80Mb/s
Then Testing End to End Tower A>Tower D ~80Mb/s (Maxes out the weakest
link, The BH between C and D. This is expected)

Now, The Strange Part.
Testing from the customers Mikrotik Router on site.
Testing from Customer>Tower D I get about 45Mb/s Down, And 30Mb/s Up.
Testing from Customer>Tower C I get about 45Mb/s Down, And 30Mb/s Up
Testing from Customer>Tower B I get about 15Mb/s Down and 30Mb/s up.
Testing End to End Customer to Tower A I get about 15Mb/s Down And
30Mb/s Up.

I don't get what is causing the customer location to show such slow
speeds. I've tested multiple times, And Confirmed tons of free bandwidth
on every Backhaul in the path. And testing Tower to Tower shows great
speeds. We have the same problem in a few places. And in each case, We
see a drop in speed as soon as it hits one of the licenced Backhauls.
However, Each one of these backhauls regularly carries over 100Mb/s and
have been tested to over 200Mb/s each time.

Anyone have any ideas?

Nick Olsen
Network Operations

(855) FLSPEED  x106