From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Cameron Crum
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2011 12:57 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] FCC477 fines?

One of our customers got a call today from the FCC. The FCC representative
on the other end told him that he had missed the deadline for filing his 477
form and that this was a courtesy call. If he did not get his filing in
soon, he would be subject to a fine. Well it was easy enough to rectify with
our software for him, but I'm curious as to when this became a finable
offense. Does anyone know? We called and questioned the FCC rep who
threatened our customer and he told us it was the law, although he was
unable to tell us when the "law" went into effect, or which piece of
legislation made it law and a finable offense. Can you really be fined for
this now? Any of you lurking lawyers out there know? I'd be curious to know.

Regards,

Cameron