From: Victoria Proffer
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:04 AM
To: 'Principal WISPA Member List' ; memb...@wispa.org ; 'WISPA General List'
Subject: [Wisp] WISPA National Disaster Committee - Seeking Volunteers

The mid-west and east coast have taken several tornado beatings over the last
few weeks, as well as we have seen extensive flooding in the mid-west.

I would say, it is just Spring, but I have never seen a Spring this devastating.

A few weeks ago, at our in-person board meeting, we voted to form a National
Disaster Committee; which passed unanimously.

During this last ‘epidemic’ storm, I contacted WISPA State Coordinators to
assist, if there was any significant damage in their areas.

Fortunately, we are not hearing of any major damage from our members, with the
exception of Hudson Technology Solutions, that lost a tower in El Reno, OK.

I was in touch with State Coordinators over the last few days, in the event
that more WISPA members could have  been affected.

I was also in touch with the Missouri WISPA members regarding help for a
‘downed’ WISP in Joplin, MO.

I was impressed with our WISPA members that volunteered to help in the event of
touchdowns in KS, MO and OK:

·        Airlink Internet - OK

·        BPS Telephone - MO

·        Computers & Tele-Comm, Inc. –MO/KS

·        Mark Twain Telephone - MO

·        Mercury Communications and Construction – MO

·        WISPERS ISP – IL

The WISPA National Disaster Committee will create procedures of dealing with
disasters when they affect our members and associated areas.

With the way that Spring of 2011 is lining up, I believe it is important to
establish this committee ASAP.

Please contact me to volunteer for this committee.

Thanks!

Victoria Proffer

President/CEO

St. Louis Broadband, LLC

314-974-5600

     2010 - 2011 Board of Directors

Committee Chairs - Bylaws | National Disaster | State Coordinators |Missouri
State Coordinator

This is the WISPA Principal Member's list. Information shared in this list is
for use of WISP operators who are paid Principal Members of WISPA. Information
shared here should not be retransmitted or shared beyond this forum without the
permission of WISPA and/or the party sharing the information here originally.

<<image001.gif>>