Carl,

As Moto suggests, try installation white "sun shield" over the APs. That should drop the temperatures.

jack

On 6/6/2011 8:38 AM, Carl Shivers wrote:

We are having a serious heat wave here in Little Rock. Our APs are running in the red in relation to specs; not failing yet, but close. We think one of our tower sites is having problems. It is now 10:30a and the APs are running at 150 degrees.

I don’t think there is a solution, but I thought I would ask. Motorola said that about the only thing we might try is to build some sort of covering above the AP to create shade.

Jack Unger - President, Ask-Wi.Com, Inc.
Author (2003) - "Deploying License-Free Wireless Wide-Area Networks"
Serving the WISP, Networking and Telecom Communities since 1993
www.ask-wi.com  818-227-4220  jun...@ask-wi.com