At 1/5/2012 11:31 AM, MarlonS wrote:
>This is very interesting.
>
>http://wabroadbandmapping.org/PDF/Statewide/Population_Density_2010.pdf
>
>I'm in Lincoln Co.  Us and Douglas probably have the lowest population
>density in the entire state.
>
>I'd love to compare that to a state like Vermont or something.  People like
>to talk about rural access.  Man, I can tell you *all* about rural access!

I just did a density-by-block-group map of the country, using the
2010 data plugged in MapInfo.

Vermont's density, in rural areas (the vast majority), tends to run
in the 15-30 pop/sqmi range.  Of course this is hilly and heavily
forested, making wireless more difficult.

The place I grew up has a density of around 21,000.

  --
  Fred Goldstein    k1io   fgoldstein "at" ionary.com
  ionary Consulting              http://www.ionary.com/