On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 04:01:23PM +0100, Paolo Di Francesco wrote:
> Hi all
>
> do you have any good/bad experience with this product? I am quite
> curious to hear your feedback about it.
>
> thank you in advance

It worked.  We acquired an ISP which used it.  I did not like the
logging system.  It took too long to find all the pieces of the
logs in different log files which could prove that user x sent mail
to y recipients and these were the response codes we received from
the recipients' mail servers.  In order to get the level of detail
in the logs which permitted us to rebuild a history of a particular
mail session, we had to also have a lot of low level protocol logging
enabled also.  The logs were huge and multiple.

We had to do that to prove that the recipients mails server had
accepted the message and if the recipient claimed not to have seen
the message, they needed to talk to the recipient's e-mail server
admins.

Also, it was a pain cleaning up from a spam run after a user got
their account phished.  I eventually installed some unix tools which
had been ported to Windows in order to grep for, then rm, spam
messages from the several different queue directories.

I tried to migrate the the mail which was housed on Modus Mail to
a MySQL / Postfix / Cyrus-IMAPd / RoundCube setup on FreeBSD.
Unfortunately, Modus Mail did not cooperate with imapsync,
http://freecode.com/projects/imapsync .  imapsync worked with every
other IMAP server I have migrated.  I was only able to migrate the
contents of the users' INBOXes.

I sometimes wish I had taken the time to more fully evaluate a
Kolab, http://www.kolab.org/ , setup.  My setup uses most of the
same components.  Kolab patches those components to work better in
a Microsoft groupware environment.  I have several customers who
would like to have MSExchange type shared calendars on my hosting
setup.

lamb...@lambertfam.org