From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Ryan Ghering
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 8:20 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Preventing stupid outages

We don't use them at towers, but I have here at home auto resetting GFCI
outlets for my
Saltwater reef tank. Got them from Home Depot.. They reset automatically
after a few mins..

Ryan

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 7:08 AM, Matt Hoppes <mhop...@indigowireless.com>
wrote:

You have to have GFCI outlets indoors?  I've never heard of that
regulation before.

A few thoughts come to mind:

* Battery backup with 2 or so hours of run time along with a remote page
for a power outage.  Doesn't prevent you from having to dispatch but it
keeps you from having an outage.

* Re-check code?  I don't understand why you need a GFCI outlet inside
your shack.    You don't have a sink or other water nearby.  I don't
have GFCI outlets in my office.  Maybe I'm missing something here.

If you are mounting an outdoor NEMA box with your equipment and just
plugging into a GFCI then maybe you can figure out some way to get a
hardwire into the box rather than plugging into an outside GFCI?

On 3/16/12 9:04 AM, Troy Settle wrote:
> Ok, so to keep to code, we have a GFCI outlet for most of our towers.
> One of them tripped last night, causing me to have to put on some 80
> miles just to push a button (yes, it could have been much worse).
>
> Is there anything to prevent stupid outages like this from happening
> without violating code?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>
> Troy Settle, Network Administrator
>
> The Wired Road Authority
>
> 1117 E. Stuart Dr.
>
> Galax, VA 24333
>
> (276) 238-0049 <tel:%28276%29%20238-0049>  (office)
>
> (276) 237-3890 <tel:%28276%29%20237-3890>  (cell)
>
> tset...@thewiredroad.net

Ryan Ghering
Network Operations - Plains.Net
Office: 970-848-0475 - Cell: 970-630-1879