Right. This is the next part of the puzzle. John Scrivner wrong to the
list a email titled [WISPA] Future of Wifi Offloading WAS: Ericsson is
buying BelAir, betting on Wi-Fi.

This auction sums up my post in that thread. The cellco's are getting
smarter about what the users want and about how to
deliver it to them. Look at the partnerships that cellco's are making
with cable co's. The cable companies already have large
high speed footprints. Its trivial to throw a cable modem with a AP in
it onto a pole. Suddenly you have a very large roamable
footprint, if only that wifi chipset had a little more cellular sauce
in it. Atheros chips very well could do it with some good
firmware, look at Ubnt. They are pretty close with their GPS, for a
small in house project. Look at what Ubnt did with just a
highly experienced RF team? AirFiber. Now do the same with more money
and in a cellular project aimed at very small and
very fast cells. Sky is not falling, yet.

Jeromie