Would it matter that USF is a % assessed on "revenue"?  If Google doesn't have
any revenue from VOIP what would they pay?

From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On Behalf
Of Faisal Imtiaz
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 9:56 AM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: Re: [WISPA] OT: VoIP Taxes and Fees

USF is a Tax on the provider, the provider has the choice to recover it
from it's subscribers or not.
Google could have taken the position that they will pay the tax not
recover it from their subscribers.

Folks who are an 'interconnected' voip provider are subject to Telecom
Taxes are ( I am over simplifying it ).
i.e. Voip Communication from PC to PC is not subject to Telecom Taxes...
if they were to provide direct calling from Phone to PC or PC to Phone
(not talking about pc to an application on the phone).
then they would be subject to telecom regulations as far as fees and
taxes go.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, Fl 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232
Helpdesk: 305 663 5518 option 2 Email:
supp...@snappydsl.net<mailto:supp...@snappydsl.net>

On 8/10/2012 10:34 AM, Randy Cosby wrote:
> Just had a question pop into my head last night after a long day of
> working on VoIP tax and fee paperwork.
>
> How does Google Voice not have to charge such fees as USF, telcom
> recovery, etc? Aren't they providing telephone "lines" just like we
> are, even if they may terminate in a different device (a PC or a cell
> phone) than us (an ATA or handset)? Does Skype charge those fees?

Total Control Panel

Login<https://asp.reflexion.net/login?domain=litewire.net>