I also think it's a tax too.

I just don't think we should lose our cool and do destructive things that could hurt our industry just because it's a tax.

On 8/29/2012 1:27 PM, Jeff Broadwick - Lists wrote:

I agree with your conclusions Jack, but it is absolutely a tax.

Regards,

Jeff
Sales Manager, Blue Technology
574-935-8484 x106 (US/Can)
574-220-7826 (Cell)
+1 574-935-8484 (Int'l)

From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On Behalf Of Jack Unger
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:52 PM
To: WISPA General List; WISPA's FCC Committee
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Oh Great take from the poor and give to the rich!

I see sending any kind of WISPA "release" as just election-year political gamesmanship that is likely to hurt us more than help us.

This so-called "tax" is just being shifted from voice to broadband. The FCC's job (as mandated by Congress) is to extend broadband to everyone.

Further, I don't agree that the FCC is trying to put us out of business. The USF  tables have been heavily tilted against us because in the past (like 5 years ago) WISPs were not a "player" at the government level. We were not organized enough then to show up and make our voice heard. Now we are organized, our voice is being heard and we're making pretty decent headway. I'd say we stick to our business of advocating effectively to advance our industry and leave the "tax and spend" gamesmanship to the professional politicians.

jack