Mike,

I completely agree and I think it is a goal the WISP industry needs to
work towards - the provisioning of CPE is still a nightmare in
comparison to DOCSIS. PPPoE is not a good solution, IMO - it's arguably
better than nothing but you shouldn't have to rely on the customer
supplied equipment being configured correctly to just auth to the
network - that's the job of the ISP CPE.

It's not even that hard of a problem to solve in the grand scheme of things.

Simon Westlake
Powercode.com
(920) 351-1010