Unless one of your sites is right by the airport I would say aircraft are not
the issue.

-------- Original message --------
From: Matt Hoppes <mhop...@indigowireless.com>
Date: 04/29/2013  10:39 AM  (GMT-05:00)
To: memb...@wispa.org,WISPA General List <wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: [WISPA] GA Aircraft Interrupting Microwaves?

I've got a bizarre one here....

Has anyone else ever experienced a GA aircraft flying in front of a
tower and breaking a microwave (in this case RADWin) path long enough to
bring down the link for approximately 10 seconds?

We have a tower that loses connectivity about once or twice a day for
around 10 seconds, and all data points to it being some GA aircraft
taking off from a local field and having a flight path that takes them
right in the RF path of the microwave.

Next calm day one of the local pilots is going to fly a few touch-n-goes
for us to confirm the theory.

Just curious if anyone else has ever encountered this?

~ Matt