Update to latest firmware, 5.5.4. If you want it to be a transparent bridge
link, enable WDS on both sides.
At that distance, what antennas are you using? If you are using the 30db
rocket dishes you will have to turn down the TX power on both radios, ubnt
radios like signal around -50 at strongest.
If it's a noisy area, it would be advisable to run airview on both sides to
see what channels are cleanest. Actually that is always advisable.
At that distance, consider using the DFS frequencies which are lower power
but generally less noisy. New rockets should come with this enabled, you
have to get a company-specific unlock code from ubiquiti to unlock it on
older radios.

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Terry White <twh...@ueci.coop> wrote:

> I am creating a ptp link for the first time using rocket m5s. the distance
> is only ½ mile. Anything I should be on the look out for. Tips/tricks? ***
> *
>
> ** **
>
> Terry White****
>
> United Services****