When you hook things up in series (solar panels, batteries etc.) you
increase the voltage.  12vdc + 12vdc = 24vdc.

When you hook them up in parallel you increase the amps.  200ah + 200ah =
400ah.

So if you need a 24vdc plant then you hook them up like you currently have
with 2x12vdc in  series to get 24vdc and then those banks are hooked in
parallel which increases your amp hours.

If you need a 48vdc plant then hook the 24vdc banks in series to make a
48vdc bank and then hook those banks together in parallel.

The batteries charge pretty much the same no matter what voltage you are
using.  Your voltage choice depends on your load.  It's better to step down
than to step up.

Hope that helps.

Sean