On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 11:10 PM, Ian Framson <i...@tradeshowinternet.com>wrote:

> Hi Wisps,
>
> We are looking for a pair of radios that can do 200 Mbps FDX over 11 miles
> (real world, not manufacturer's theoretical marketing promises). We are
> looking at using an unlicensed link (most likely 5 GHz) due to the time
> constraints, although we're open to suggestions.
>
> The make/model we were considering was Motorola PTP650 with 450 Mbps
> upgrade license.  We are not wed to Motorola, however. The cost seems to be
> the limiting factor at this point.
>
> Another WISP I spoke with mentioned Bridgewave TD60 might be 1 possibility.
>
> Your thoughts?

UBNT AirFiber 5/5U in 5.8 GHz will be an option when it becomes available.
AirFiber 24 GHz is said to provide a full-duplex capacity of 250 Mbps @
12.5 miles(http://www.ubnt.com/airlink/), but that gives very little room
for fade margin, if any. If you can't wait for AF5, you could buy AF24 now,
and then replace those with AF5s later in the year.

Rubens