maybe time to stock up on dishes.

--
On 2/8/2014 8:11 PM, Jason Bailey wrote:
Chuck has it right. See below.
33.
/Antenna Gain/. Under Section 15.247, the assumed antenna gain is 6 dBi, with a 1 dB reduction in power required for every 1 dB that the antenna gain exceeds 6 dBi. For fixed point-to-point systems, no power reduction is required. Section 15.407 assumes the same antenna gain of 6 dBi, with 1 dB reduction in power required for every 1 dB that gain exceeds 6 dBi. For fixed point-to-point systems, a 1 dB reduction in power is required for every 1 dB that gain exceeds 23 dBi. The only difference between the two rule parts is the maximum antenna gain that can be deployed without a penalty in transmitter power. We propose to apply the more stringent 23 dBi maximum antenna gain that is currently required under Section 15.407. We believe that using the more stringent antenna gain requirement will ensure that there is no increase in the potential for interference from unlicensed devices
operating under the new combined rule parts.

On Saturday, February 8, 2014 7:32 PM, Chuck Hogg <ch...@shelbybb.com> wrote: /Revision of Part 15 of the Commission's Rules to Permit Unlicensed National Information
Infrastructure (U-NII) Devices in the 5 GHz band, ET Docket No. 13-49./

Regards,
Chuck