On 4/15/2014 6:39 PM, Tom DeReggi wrote:
> Fred,
>
> Ok, so in summary....
>
> A WISP Internet Provider is an "Information Service" and does not collect or
> charge USF. And that end-to-end Internet Information Service solution is
> composed of 3 In-line components, working togeather as one.....
>
> 1. Wireless last mile (provider me)
> 2. Fiber-based Metro IP transport (provider A)
> 3. IP transit  (provider B)
>
> And the sole purpose and use of the Metro-IP Transport link is to deliver
> "information Services" to the End User, as a part of the solution..

Information Services are the higher layer payload of
telecommunications.  When the telecommunications itself is provided as a
service, it's a telecommunications service.  And that's subject to USF.
That you are using it to deliver an information service is none of their
business.  Be thankful, when you think about it.

> So, you are saying..... Under that Circumstance, the Metro IP tranport layer
> can not be claimed as a "wholesale Component" of an "Information Service",
> and WISPs must consider themselves an End User of telecommunications
> Services, and be subject to USF and Taxation on that circuit, because
> Metro-IP Data services are considered Telecommunications services,
> regardless of how they might be used.

There is no "wholesale component" rule.  The "telecommunications
component" of a vertically-integrated information service is no longer
subject to USF.