From: "Art Stephens" <asteph...@ptera.com>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 4:50:07 PM
Subject: [WISPA] Rocket AP through put

Looking for some feed back concerning Rocket APs. We have quite a few of these
in the field with UBNT Sectors and KPerformance Sectors.

What we run into is customer complaints about slow speeds at night when they
call into after hours support. We come in the next day and run speed tests to
the radios and they look ok.

Some APs have 20 subs and some as high as 50 subs.

Yesterday one of our employees ran speed tests from his home connected to one
of those APs during the day and he got 15M. Then that evening he tried to watch
Netflix - biggest complaint from most subs - and it would not start. He ran a
speed test and got 500K. The AP he is connected to has 19 subs.

Trying to figure out just how many subs streaming on an AP will bring the
through put down to 500K?

We are considering limiting how many streams can run on a given AP but need to
figure where the breaking point is if that makes any sense.

Thanks for any insight any one can shed on this.

--

Arthur Stephens
Senior Networking Technician

ptera.com
facebook.com/PteraInc | twitter.com/Ptera