I take it by spatial diversity you’re meaning traditional FDD frequency
diversity, versus antenna physical spatial separation.

Matt,

The B5 allows two frequencies to be used that are split anywhere between
U-NII-1 up through the U-NII 3, but it runs TDMA on both frequency sets (not
separated TX/RX). So technically speaking there is TX/RX going on in both
frequencies actively, and the payload is load balanced across them
automatically (it looks like one IP link to your network at all times).

The nice advantage to a TDMA based frequency diversity approach, is that when
interference comes on any portion or the entirety of one of the two
frequencies, we’re able to keep operating on the clean frequency TX/RX and
continue to adapt and re-establish the secondary channel (or drop the channel
if that’s your preference).

One feature we added, assuming you want to run in our auto modes (entirely up
to you how automatic or manual the radios operate), both sides live exchange
and coordinate their constant spectrum scanning info to pick channels that work
for both sides cleanly (to avoid picking channels that the other side cannot
support).

Regarding antenna movement, individual polarizations should continue to operate
during a signal fading on the other one as well as benefiting from the dual
frequencies, so it should observe similar functions in that regard so long as
you’re within the beamwidth of swaying. Also helps that it’s a very compact
shielded antenna and radome for it’s 25 dBi gain spec.

Cheers!

Jaime Fink • Mimosa • Chief Product Officer
300 Orchard City Dr Ste 100 • Campbell • CA 95008 •
www.mimosa.co<http://www.mimosa.co>

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by
others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply
email and delete all copies of this message.

On Aug 22, 2014, at 4:27 PM, Matt Jenkins