From: "Josh Reynolds" <j...@spitwspots.com>
To: wireless@wispa.org
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2014 7:15:20 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] procera or similiar product

shou ld check out ipoque and their PACE engine

Josh Reynolds, Chief Information Officer
SPITwSPOTS, www.spitwspots.com
On 10/24/2014 03:40 PM, Larry A. Weidig wrote:

We have done some searching in this arena and have only found a couple of what
seem to be similar products available:

Allot Communications - NetEnforcer (does a lot, costs a lot so they live up to
their name :) )
Netaxcel - Found it, did not dig far into it
NetEqualizer - Reasonable, but not as featured as Procera / Allot
Emerging Technologies - We used to have one of their boxes, would not EVER use
again not because of the software / hardware but the owner / lead developer
which may have changed as it was a long time ago we used this

Overall it seemed Procera was the best solution, just having a difficult time
justifying the expense as well. I say we all throw in $5K, hire some developers
and get one made that we have control over :) I have to believe some decent
server quality hardware running on an open source operating system with custom
code could fit the bill. Just don't have time to work on this myself.

Larry A. Weidig ( lwei...@excel.net )
Excel.Net, Inc. – http://www.excel.net/
(920) 452-0455 – Sheboygan/Plymouth area
(888) 489-9995 – Other areas, toll-free