We are deploying a DSL network, and Broadcom is the leader in the DSL
chipset market. So most all these modems we are using have a Broadcom SoC
design with the VDSL2 modem, 802.11N 2x2 MIMO, Ethernet Switch, and CPU all
built in. The only thing the modem manufacturers change is the power output
on the Broadcom wifi (via a amp on the broad) and the selection of internal
or external omni antennas for the most part. Plus some tweak the wifi
settings.

We are trying to decide if it is worth the small price premium to pay for
the modem that has the high powered amp at 400mw vs the regular ones that
only have 100mw. Sounds like the the high powered ones are worth it
especially since we have no control of the clients devices (I guess you
rarely ever do anyways) and we are only supplying one AP/router per home.

I guess this is why AT&T uverse gets such good ratings and reviews from
their customers on wifi? They are using 2Wire/Pace modems for the most part
that have all high powered wifi. Thats why in an AT&T area you can see tons
of them.

>>> b...@gowasabi.net