From: "Nick Bright" <nick.bri...@valnet.net>
To: wireless@wispa.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:11:07 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Powercode 477 Data Grossly Inaccurate

Quantum GIS is free, and really good at this stuff.

On 8/31/2016 2:10 PM, Duncan Scott wrote:
> Yeah, making the full code is kind of hard given there are many
> county/tract/block codes in our coverage areal.
>
> Looking into it further, if you open chrome developer tools and then run
> a query, there will be a json response starting with
> https://tigerweb.geo.census.gov/arcgis/rest/services/TIGERweb/Tracts_Blocks/MapServer/2/query?f=json
>
> that includes all of the details including the GeoID.
>
> Kind of convoluted, but still the easiest way I've seen to get the Geo
> ID from an arbitrary polygon.
>
> ~Duncan
>
> On 8/31/2016 11:32 AM, Jeremy Austin wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Duncan Scott <dsc...@onlinenw.com
>> <mailto:dsc...@onlinenw.com>> wrote:
>>
>> How do you export the data from TigerWeb?
>>

>> Copy and paste the resulting list of block codes. (If you click on one,
>> you'll see the full Geographic Identifier, which is what the FCC wants.)
>>
>> You'll still need to prepend (I use Excel for this) the State FIPS code,
>> county, tract, and block group codes, which, depending on your
>> geography, might be complex — in my area it wasn't, as Alaskan block
>> groups are huge.
>>
>> The resulting block identifiers will look like the codes exported from
>> Powercode/Towercoverage/Sonar etc. Then you'll need the remaining
>> columns, which are delivery technology code (2 digits), residential
>> boolean, residential down, residential up, business boolean, business
>> down, business up. I believe down/up is max offered speeds, in megabits.
>> Format info is in the reference material at the 477 web interface.
>>
>> --
>> Jeremy Austin
>>
>> (907) 895-2311
>> (907) 803-5422
>> jhaus...@gmail.com <mailto:jhaus...@gmail.com>
>>
>> Heritage NetWorks
>> Whitestone Power & Communications
>> Vertical Broadband, LLC
>>
>> Schedule a meeting: http://doodle.com/jermudgeon

- Nick Bright -
- Vice President of Technology -
- Valnet -=- We Connect You -=- -
- Tel 888-332-1616 x 315 / Fax 620-331-0789 -
- Web http://www.valnet.net/ -
- Are your files safe? -
- Valnet Vault - Secure Cloud Backup -
- More information & 30 day free trial at -
- http://www.valnet.net/services/valnet-vault -

This email message and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the
addressees hereof. This message and any attachments may contain information
that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are prohibited
from reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating or otherwise
using this transmission. If you have received this message in error, please
promptly notify the sender by reply E-mail and immediately delete this message
from your system.