From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On Behalf
Of Sam Morris
Sent: Thursday, March 9, 2017 2:45 PM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: [WISPA] Preferred RADIUS Setup

A simplified overview of this configuration is a MikroTik CCR at the two PoPs
(one on each end of a service area, running BGP), and MikroTik 1009 routers at
each tower in the service area.

We're in the process of setting up our first RADIUS installation. For those of
you who have set this up before, do you prefer to run a standalone FreeRadius
server at each PoP, or would you run RADIUS on the CCR routers at each PoP?
(Hopefully this isn't too ambiguous of a
question...) If load matters, the most data that could be coming into the CCRs
is less than 1 Gbps - and more-likely to be closer to 300 Mbps than 1 Gbps.

Thanks,
Sam