We have made abundantly clear to the F.C.C. and staff as well as through
WinnForum that the appearance of uncertainty to industry (service provider,
manufacturer, SAS, etc.) can result in a heavily delayed or
deferred investment in the Band.  In addition, changing the rules if not
well considered can have a domino effect.  For example, changing license
periods for PAL's to too long or with too many renewals; or expanding the
coverage area without regard to the type of areas (rural, suburban, urban);
or making the effective cost of the PAL prohibitive to smaller users will
greatly change the purpose, use and benefits of CBRS.   We have also
enunciated that this Band is good for a wide-range of uses and technologies
and that preservation of diversity is essential AND preservation of the
three-tier access must also be maintained.  Some tweeks to the rules may be
good and provide a clearer path; but the F.C.C. should avoid rule changes
that favor one tier or use-case, or technology.

- Richard Bernhardt